The start of a new year is always an indication of new fitness plans and goals. Each year we go through a phase of new diet trends that have tons of followers who swear by its efficiency. Diet plans that focus on inculcating good eating habits and healthy lifestyle choices can, in fact, be the best choice to mark a new beginning. So, what is on board for 2019? Here are the 5 top diet trends that will dominate the fitness circles in 2019.
- The Keto Diet: The keto diet that ruled the world in 2018 is leading strong and will definitely be one of the topmost diet trends to look forward to in 2019 also. A diet that became popular because of famous celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Rihanna, and Halle Berry focuses on shifting one’s body to a state of ketosis. By reducing the carbohydrate intake your body begins to depend on fats for energy thus burning down the extra kilos. Removing junk carbohydrates from the diet such as excess sugar and depending on fresh or canned food and vegetables is a healthy choice that has helped many achieve unbelievable transformation.
- The Gut Health or Microbiome Diet: This diet, created by Dr.Raphael Kellman emphasizes on eliminating foods from your plate in hopes of restoring balance and gut health. Restoring gut health will help improve metabolism and aid in weight loss. Our gut microbiome consists of bacterial colonies that are a balance of both useful and harmful ones. This balance is important to cut the excess toxins from the body and improve the digestion process. This can also help improve brain functions and mood. A healthy gut means you get rid of the sudden cravings that cause you to overeat or consume junk food. The diet, in fact, might shadow probiotic pills and instead focus on natural ways of bringing probiotic benefits. Fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, pulses, whole grains and a whole lot of yogurt will trend under this diet.
- Intermittent Fasting: While the other diet trends tend to pick certain foods as right or wrong for your body, the intermittent fasting wants to cut down on food consumption. Of course, the fasting will be for a temporary period of time. The diet claims to help reduce weight by improving metabolism and could even extend lifespan. There are various methods such as 16/8, 24 hour fast, alternate day fast, etc which are a part of this diet. The person has the liberty to take up any of these methods for fasting. For example, the 16 / 8 requires that you fast for 16 hours a day and consume food only in the rest of the 8 hours. One can consume certain foods such as coffee or non-caloric beverages during the fast. These fasting techniques under the Intermittent fasting could become the rage in 2019.
Source: Journal Advocate
- The Hemp Feast: Cannabis is making the rounds as one of the most nutritious and beneficial plants. It is no wonder that the health benefits of hemp are also coming to light. CBD is still a “no go” in various parts of the world which has led to increasing interest in hemp. 2018 was the year of cannabis as it made its ways into many mainstream medicinal usages and now you can buy weeds online Quebec. 2019 will witness the use of more hemp-based products. Hemp oil, seeds are a regular part of the diet for body care lovers. But the boom in the cannabis industry will introduce more healthy and nutritious hemp-based food items to choose from. This will spread the hemp diet across the world that promise to bring great health benefits. Also with the increasing interest in plant-based products as alternatives for vegans these seeds will dominate the diet trend of 2019.
Plant-Based Diets: Increasing awareness about cruelty-free living has been the reason behind the rise of plant-based diets across the world. Plant substitutes for everyday items such as meat, milk is becoming increasingly popular. This trend is expected to spread further in 2019.
- Battle of Bitters: 2019 will also be the bitter paradise of diets. According to Ann Louise Gittleman, a Nutritionist in New York, consuming bitter foods such as cacao, cucumbers, grapefruit, asparagus, bitter gourd, etc, can help detox the GI tracts of toxins and harmful microbes and restore good gut health. These foods are capable of cleaning the sluggish bile and improving digestion which will help get back into shape in no time. Including these foods several times a day is how one can follow this diet.
Undieting or intuitive eating: It is yet another dieting strategy that will glow in 2019. The strategy here is to focus on recognizing and understanding the food on your plate rather than following diet trends. This method focuses on enhancing the user’s experience of eating which will reduce overeating as well as eliminate the need to put restrictions on certain food items on the plate. The awareness about what you eat can help set an emotional path to choosing healthy alternatives.
These important diet needs to be followed in 2019 in order to keep the lifestyle aligned with body health. Look for online dispensary Canada where you can balance your diet with high-quality marijuana and cannabis.
Harold is a cannabis and health industry consultant who frequently writes about the latest trends in the industry. She has been writing for a long time now. Through her writing, she hopes to influence as many people as possible to help maintain better health and lifestyle.
Get our Tips and Tricks to your Inbox