Acne can develop due to various causes such as increased exposure to sunlight. Whatever the cause, having acne is quiet inconvenient. More severe cases of acne characterized by puss filled nodules and cysts results in scars which gives a dull blemish look to a gorgeous looking face. If you are wondering how to prevent acne then this article is for you.
Ways to Prevent Acne
Regular practice of simple measures can keep acne away from you.
- See that the hair does not fall on faceWe apply various products to take care of hair and to get rid of dandruff. Contact of these products with sensitive facial skin can result in acne. In few people development of acne across the jaw line, back and neck region is due to dandruff. Hence, maintain good scalp hygiene and ensure that the hair stays away from face. Get habituated to sleeping on your back to keep hair off the face. By sleeping on your belly, facial skin gets in contact with the oils and dust particles settled on the pillow causing acne.
- Image by : seegul
- Source by : flickr
- Do not rub hands on faceMajority of the people have the habit of resting face on hands whenever they sit idle or while watching television or listening to others. This can also trigger acne. The oil and dirt present on your palms comes in contact with skin increasing the risk for acne. Few people have the habit of breaking the zits with finger tips and this spreads acne to the surrounding area. The bacteria hidden in the finger nails increases the risk for more acne breakouts.
- Maintain good hygieneMake it habit to bath twice a day. Have a shower after heavy workouts to get rid of the sweat. Never remain with sweat clothes for longtime to prevent bacterial infections. If you are suffering with body acne then consider using cleansers containing salicylic acid to treat acne. To prevent facial acne wash hair every alternate day to prevent dandruff and also to get rid of dirt. If you work at places with heavy dust then cover the hair as well as the face with a cloth. If you have the habit of using a hat then wash it periodically. Never go to bed without washing makeup off your face.
- Take care while choosing makeup productsThose with oily skin are at increased risk of acne. Hence, make sure to choose oil free products to take care of face. Never grab a product in hurry. Never choose cheap products just to save few bucks. Stick to one brand or variety of product. Before using a new product try it on a small area to prevent adverse reactions.
- Moisturize the skinHaving extreme dry skin also results in acne. Hence, keep the skin hydrated by applying plenty of moisturizer in winters to prevent acne. Try applying natural products such as honey that keep the skin hydrated and soft. However, ensure that the skin is not allergic to them.The article was updated on 22th september, 2017
- Take a Healthy DietIt’s necessary to eat healthy and avoid junk foods (pre-prepared meals with low nutritional values like burgers, pizzas and fries) to prevent acne breakout. Excessive consumption of carbohydrates, fats and sugar rich foods can make your skin greasy. An oily skin accelerates the formation of acne, blackheads and pimples because it acts as a magnet to all the dust particles. The dirt accumulates on your skin and starts penetrating it eventually. Eat fresh vegetables and drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and blemish-free. Truly,you are what you eat!
- Avoid StressIf you’re a keen observer, you must have noticed that every time you’re in stress, a pimple pops up on your face. Whether it’s a wedding or a meeting, you get acne right before the event and you blame it on the timing. But in reality, it is the stress of preparation for such important events that causes acne breakout. It is your body’s response to fight against stress by directing the flow of blood and oxygen to other crucial areas. This means other parts of your body such as the skin are devoid of blood. It results in dehydration and clogging of pores that ultimately lead to acne formation. Therefore, to prevent acne it is important to avoid stress.
Lastly, apart from following the listed ways to prevent acne and maintaining good hygiene it is also essential to have well balanced diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid having junk foods and oily foods to prevent acne.
Get our Tips and Tricks to your Inbox